I remember very clearly several times when I was a teenager where I uttered the words, "I am so bored." I probably had a whine in my voice. No matter what wonderful things were suggested to ease my boredom I would scoff. I remember several times my mom telling me that one day I would want to have a day with nothing to do. In my teenage angst I would probably toss my hair and think, "Right, I KNOW that will never happen!"
Well, it has happened! Yesterday Aliyah told me she was bored. I could not believe the words were coming out of my daughter. She sounded just like me, except she is five! Yikes! It got me to thinking what would I do with a day with no diaper changes, cleaning, cooking, laundry, and all the other things.
This is what I have decided. I would get all my favorite foods, a good book, and probably some of my favorite movies. I would basically stay in bed in my pjs most of the day. I would read, sleep, eat and just do absolutely nothing! I wouldn't even leave the house. I would order Chinese for dinner and eat it with chopsticks.
I hope to help my kids enjoy and embrace the days where there isn't something going on. I know all to well that the day is coming when they won't be able to be carefree and just do whatever they want.
Its so funny that our kids are doing the things we used to do. London takes forever to fall asleep just like me and he is always having me look for something he can't find. I would love to join you on your day off...it sounds so nice!
ReplyDeleteIn five years we can a week with our Aveda points!
ReplyDelete