Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Love Language

I have read and enjoyed the books about the five love languages, however, I would like to add one. Books. I heard someone say recently that their love language was books. I LOVE it! I am a total book lover and avid reader. I love getting books, and hate parting with them. I always have at least one book going and with me at all times. If you get me a gift card to a book store or buy me a book you are speaking love to me.

Honestly, I haven't read every book that graces my shelves, but I aspire to the lofty goal of one day reading every book I own. Well, that may have to wait until my kids fly from the nest. I have always found books such a lovely companion. They challenge me and stretch my imagination. I remember during summer vacations just reading and reading. I even remember my favorite books from childhood that I read over and over.

I am trying to be transparent here so I will tell you that sometimes I just look at my bookshelves and dream about reading the books found there. Since our move my books are all packed up and we have yet to obtain suitable shelving for them. But I do day dream about all of our books gracing our new shelves in our new home. I think once the last book box is unpacked I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief and know that all my faithful friends are unpacked and where they belong. So, Gary Smalley, I am adding a sixth love language, books!!

2 comments: